DR. STACIE CALIAN
Dr. Calian has been involved in the field of dentistry almost her entire life. Her dedication, extensive training and knowledge has given her the insight and ability to know what is best for her patients.
Dr. Calian began her dental career in her early teens assisting several distinguished dentists. With their encouragement she became a dental hygienist and went on to Columbia University to complete her MS in Dental Hygiene Education with an MPH in Health Administration. It was not until she started her career as an assistant professor that she realized her true passion was to complete her training and become a dentist.
SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
With her extensive training and education, Dr. Calian is a comprehensive general and cosmetic dentist, where she focuses on both the science and artistry of dentistry. With more than 18 years of clinical experience and in her role as the Dental Director at one of the largest insurance companies in New York, Dr. Calian has superior proficiency with some of the most advanced technologies in the dental field.
Dr. Calian uses this advanced technology and her know-how to provide veneers, teeth whitening, teeth straightening, crowns, implants, sedation options, dental exams, and much more to her patients. Dr. Calian is currently a instructor for daVinci Dental Studio, a full-service dental laboratory.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Dr. Calian’s dental education actually began in her early teens when she assisted several distinguished dentists, and at their urging, she began her formal education. Dr. Calian started as a Dental Hygienist and then went to Columbia University. She earned her Master's in Dental Hygiene Education and a Master’s in Public Health in Health Administration. After she began teaching as an Assistant Professor, Dr. Calian realized her true passion and calling was to become a dentist, so she went back to school to fulfill her dreams.
Dr. Calian attended Georgetown University School of Dentistry and earned her Doctor of Dental Surgery. Her quest for education also allowed Dr. Calian to earn her Master’s in Aesthetics from the renowned Rosenthal Institute for Aesthetic Dentistry. At Montefiore Medical Center, Dr. Calian trained extensively as a hospital resident.
During her educational experience, Dr. Calian implemented a school-based dental program, as well as developed a curriculum in oral pathology. In addition, Dr. Calian is a strong believer in continuing education and has continued to educate and train in various cosmetic dental procedures, techniques, and technologies. In fact, Dr. Calian exceeds the amount of required yearly education courses and has attended and completed:
- Branemark Dental Implant Seminars
- Laminate Dentistry Seminars
- T.M.D. Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
- Certification in Conscious Sedation, Lumineers®, and Invisalign®
AWARDS AND HONORS
Due to her dedication and commitment to all of her patients, Dr. Calian has been awarded with:
- Patients’ Choice Award from Vitals.com
- Rapid Registration, Speedy Response, and Scheduling Hero Awards from ZocDoc.com
- Woman of the Year Nominee from Cambridge’s Who’s Who
- “Top Dentist” Recognition from Westchester Magazine
Dr. Calian discovered that patients often neglect their dental care due to fear of the unknown and anxiety about dental procedures. Therefore, she sought to address these concerns by becoming associated with the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation or D.O.C.S. Conscious Sedation, or Sedation Dentistry, is designed for patients who have dental anxiety, difficulty getting numb, uncontrollable gagging, difficulty sitting for long periods of time, and other dental-related issues. In addition, Dr. Calian is proud to be associated with the following:
- Academy of Sleep Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- American Association of Dental Consultants
- American Association for Doctors of Conscious Sedation
- Greater New York Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (Vice President 2016, President 2017)
- New York Dental Association
- Ninth District Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentists
- L.V.I. Trained
Since helping those in need, especially children, and keeping her area of the country as beautiful as possible are very close to her heart, Dr. Calian is a strong believer in charitable giving. She and her staff are proud to donate and give their time to:
- White Plains Beautification Foundation
- Red Cross
- Annual Holiday Food Drive
- Will Rogers Foundation for Childhood Diseases
- Yonkers Police Association